Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

August 17, 2004

Results do matter

Dear George:

I voted for you in 2000, have voted Republican all of my life, but will vote Democrat in November 2004.

Why? I am not sure I have enough time nor space to include it all, but here it goes.

1. You say “results matter”, and they do.. if someone doesn’t produce results on the job, they usually get fired. You have done two things you said you would do, reduce taxes and attack Iraq... in every other area, you have not delivered results... I will get to those later

2. From the Bush/Cheney 2000 website, you promised to reduce the number of uninsured... this has not happened, in fact, that number has increased by 10%. My healthcare premiums increased by 27% this year alone, with reduced coverage. During your 2000 campaign, you stated:

“George W. Bush will establish the 'Healthy Communities Innovation Fund' to provide $500 million in grants over five years to fund innovative projects addressing targeted health risks, such as childhood diabetes.”

This never happened.

3. You call Kerry a “flip flopper”, but you were the one who said “we will get Bin Laden, dead or alive”, only to say later “I don’t know where he is and it doesn’t really matter”.. you call yourself a war president, only to turn around and call yourself a peace president... there are WMD's, there are no WMD's... we didn’t attack because of WMD's.. we attacked to fight terror, but wait, there was no link between Iraq and the terrorists.. only to hear that our mission is to “FREE” certain countries... but didn’t you also say in 1999 that you didn’t believe the US should get into nation-building... I could write a book on your contradictions alone.. the bottom line is this.. you and Cheney can only resort to dirty politics, because you do not have a record to run on.

4. During your 2000 campaign you made promises in the areas of the environment, Pell Grants, and governmental spending.. NONE of the promises were kept, but the biggest promise not kept was that of being a “Uniter, not a divider”... I don’t know if this country has been more divided.

5. Jobs, or the lack of jobs.. you can say the economy has “turned the corner”, you can say that “people are finding work”, you can get excited when someone in California says that they are going to hire two people, but the reality is this. People are out of work, and woefully underemployed. During the past 3 years, I have watched families fall apart, I have watched people run through their savings, I have seen homes lost. You love to state that home ownership is rising.. but you fail to mention that personal bankruptcy is also at an all-time high. The numbers do not lie, your 2002 budget stated that the tax cuts would create 6 million jobs before the end of your term, on 15% of that number has been created. India, on the other hand, has companies like Wipro, Tata, and others who are growing topline revenue by tenfold numbers.. there is a boom in India because people are working. I didn’t think it was possible, but you are truly more out of touch with the mainstream that your Dad ever was.. but I voted for your Dad, twice, because he did try, and was man enough to admit there was a problem.

6. I offer you this challenge.. if you are the leader you say you are.. then take the podium, look us in the eye and tell me why I have relatives fighting in Iraq... tell me why I have friends with degrees in Engineering and MBA's who cannot find work.. tell me why oil prices are at record levels when you stated during your campaign that you could “jawbone” with the oil people... tell me why you have been more concerned with a “Free Iraq”, that you have the lives of the people in this country... tell me why we are safer in this country, only to have Tom Ridge come out every month or so and tell us how unsafe we are...

I am a Christian, but I am not simple minded.. just because you pray to the same God that I do does not make you qualified to hold the office of President. Many do not understand that, they are simple minded people who don’t understand the meaning of “separation of church and state”, I do.

Results do matter, and the results of this administration are shocking. You should be ashamed.

Tracy
Age 43
Atlanta, GA

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares