Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

August 09, 2004

I am a student ambassador

Dear George:

My name is Nicolas I am a 13 year old student currently attending 8th grade. I am a student ambassador for the United States. This year I went to Australia and New Zealand. When I was there I found that many of the people who live there (Australia and new Zealand) feel that George Bush has no write to be in other peoples business about there sexuality. Me and my peers (people in my school and on the trip with me) feel the same way. Mr. Bush why do you care what other peoples sexuality are you should only care about your self. What if your daughter where to say to you, “Dad, I am a lesbian” or “Dad, I am bisexual” what would you say? I feel that what you are doing is trying to control peoples lives. As the president you are taking religion and church into politics witch is something that you are not supposed to do. In my S.S. class we have debated if it is right for gay couples to get married and we say yes. Even if you out law it the next generation will correct your mistake. I know many people and including my self know gay or bisexual kids as young as 13 because I am one of them. I am bisexual and I want you to know that people accept me for who I am. And what your doing to try and have people live by your ways is wrong. But even though I feel what your doing is wrong I still respect as the president.

Sincerely,

Nicolas
Age 13
New York

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares