Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

July 02, 2004

My 11 year old son was left behind

Dear George:

Enough has already been said by others about Iraq, as well as countless other topics.
My concern is for our children’s education.

I am a high school graduate, I have had my ups and downs in life when it comes to jobs. I am a hard worker and have gone through a lot of training at various jobs. My children are my everything and I want so much more for them then I had for myself.

You said No Child Will Be Left Behind!

I say BULLSHIT! You did not stand by your word on the education issues, Want to know how I know this? Simple, My 11 year old son was left behind!

He was not failed and forced to remain in the same grade for another year, he was forgotten by the education system that YOU said, No, You PROMISED to make better for ALL children!

My son is a 6th grader now, Thanks to my Mom, it was she who started a home school for him.

He is an extremely smart child and is getting so much more now that his education has been taken out of the hands of the public school system and handled by his family.

My daughter is 14 now, she will start the 9th grade this coming school year. It was her choice to continue going to public school.

She is very active in sports and her grades are well above average. This is no thanks to the school she attends as much as it is to her for hard work.

When she ask questions at school, some of the teachers do not know the answers, or they do not want to take the time to explain things as they should do.

Don't tell me it's due to the teacher student ratio, this school is not all that big and there are enough teachers to handle the smaller then average student body.

You want to hear something pathetic? She has a friend that has already failed the same grade twice, and yet the school has told her that they cannot hold her back again. She will be automatically moved up to the next grade level regardless of her knowledge.
not everyone is rich and can buy an education, which I sincerely believe was the case for you, since you cannot form a coherent sentence.

Forget about the election for a moment and focus more on what will help our children’s education.

Though you have a lot on your plate, you need to handle business closer to home from time to time instead of planning your election strategies or starting war against someone you have had an obsession with destroying.

I watched as you spoke to the world during 911, I felt strong and proud that day listening to what you were saying!

You are NOT the same man that stood there and spoke those words of encouragement and hope.

Your priorities have changed and you allowed this horrible event to be used as your chance to wage war against Iraq.

I am a Texan, and damned proud to be one, but I will have to agree with the Dixie Chicks when they said they were ashamed to be from the same state as you!

John
Age 38
Lufkin,Texas

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares