Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

July 01, 2004

I grew up loving this country

Dear George:

First I must say I am grateful to live in a free country, I am a US citizen and born in Cuba and brought over in 1967 when I was just 9 yrs old with my older brother and my aunt. My grandparents stayed behind and so did my parents, coming to America was like going to the other side of the world, I grew up loving this country and still value my heritage.

Never again did I see my grandfather who fought very hard to set us free from communist Cuba, therefore it is a stronger feeling I have for this country and our freedom. I hear all things going on now because the new laws implemented in Cuba now, I know you are our leader and we need to finish with the only dictator that took my childhood dreams away from my family, people here are mistaken and they are saying well “Bush” is doing this, what about Clinton when he changed the law that you must step the land in order to stay in America, I truly think we should point out what the democrats did by making that change against immigrants fleeing Castro.

Please show the difference on what you stand for, I am Republican and strongly behind you. Thank you and god bless you and yours.

Marta
Age 46
Davie, FL

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares