Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

July 07, 2004

I can live with this

Dear Mr. President,

My son just lost both of his legs serving in Iraq Freedom in the city of Baghdad. My son woke to find that his legs were gone after a grenade attack, but has a remarkable spirit and said, "I can live with this". He is now here at Walter Reed on Ward 57. His name is Kevin. He is a very brave young man of 25. His goal is to walk up on the flight deck to meet his squad when they return home from Baghdad someday at FT Hood. Kevin has served in the National Guard since he was 17.

I want to say "Thank You" for all the great care we have recieved here at WRMC. They have done an outstanding job of both saveing my son's life, plus taking care of him. I know you have played a big role in getting Ward 57 and the PT department to be the very best in the world. My son was knocking on deaths door when he arrived here. The MICU gave us our son back. The staff there treated us the family with respect. I cannot say Thank You enough to them.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making WRMC #1 in the world.


Kevin's Mom, Elaine
Arkansas

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares