Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

July 06, 2004

Benefit of the doubt

Dear George:

Nice job with running the country into the ground.

As a former member of our armed forces I have watched with horror as you have needlessly caused the deaths of over 850 American men and women. It is a shame that while you never saw a need to risk your life in Vietnam, you feel no such compunction about the lives you have destroyed and the people you have had maimed. For what? Nothing as far as I can see.

I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt as President, I wanted to hope for the best, but since 9/11 I have seen nothing more than bad decisions compounded by more bad decisions. What is nice is the way in which you (or your team of political operatives) have attempted to cover all of these “mistakes” with a thick blanket of lies.

I supported Afghanistan for obvious reasons, unfortunately the reasoning has become considerably more opaque as time has passed. Why are we in Iraq? Sit me down and explain it, make me believe it, until you do this you will have to do without my vote.

Brian
Age 36
Syracuse, NY

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares