Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

November 08, 2005

Liberals will not listen

Dear President Bush,

I am proud to call you my President. I support your choice to send troops to Iraq and to areas where freedom is scarce or non existent. My heart breaks for the troops we have lost to this war, but I believe we are doing the right thing because there are terrorists out there that hate us because they don’t like the way we live or the freedoms that we enjoy. How do you fight that logic? How do you reason with people like that? The frightening thought is that it is probably only a matter of time before we have another 9/11 episode. We have to protect our boarders and our airports, and still people are complaining about being detained and searched. Some are even taking the matter to court because we are violating their civil liberties. I suppose they would rather be blown to high heaven than to submit to a search that would ultimately keep them safe.

I am sick of hearing our own congressmen, senators, legislators, in addition to our so-called Hollywood “authorities,” speak so hatefully about you, my President. Their voices quiver with hatred. Never before, have I ever felt our own freedom jeopardized by our own outspoken critics. Yes, I believe in freedom of speech. Yes, I believe that we all have the right to form our own opinions. However, I hear lies being repeated. Day after day on the radio and in newspapers. It’s almost like a form of mass hysteria: “President Bush LIED about weapons of mass destruction. He LIED about why we invaded Iraq. He LIED about this ... he LIED about that.” LIBERALS WILL NOT ‘LISTEN’ to the facts. They invent their own version and after a while, it becomes their truth.

WE MUST REMEMBER, THAT WITH FREEDOM COMES RESPONSIBILITY. We are becoming our own worst enemies because we are giving the enemies ammunition to destroy our credibility amongst our allies and to feed their hatred for us. I believe we can keep our freedom and still voice our concerns about government policies. We are, after all, Americans. Let us not forget to act like Americans!


Grace
Saylorsburg, PA

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares