Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

November 04, 2005

Not the right thing to do

Dear President Bush:

I have heard that you want to cut out social security, that’s not the right thing to do. I draw disability. I have fibromyalgia and restless syndrome and some other health problems that keep me from working, I’m not one to take advantage of it, and I only get $599.00 a month and $23.00 in food stamps. Have you ever tried to live on $23.00 a month, I live in government housing, I’m not married and never will be. People are crazy out in this world, I stat to my self. It’s just me and my cocker spaniel he is my companion. I have been married twice.

It took 2 years to get my disability and my apartment I had to live where ever. Thank god I have a stable place. I can’t stand on my legs for a long length of time. It seems to all be in my back and legs and now it’s moving down in my right arm. It’s severe pain. Have you ever tried living on $599.00 a month? Please help people like me. I can’t sit at my computer for a long length of time, my back and my neck goes to hurting. This is supposed to be the richest country in the world, but as it’s starting to look it’s the poorest. Our government doesn’t help the homeless, and I know how that feels.

Please help getting our troops home - they were fighting before our troops ever went over there, that’s all them people know, I think they believe in another god. Not the one we worship over in the states here. There are too many people dying these days. I am Baptist, and if wasn’t for God I wouldn’t be where I’m at now. I pray everyday and every night, thank God he grants my prayers.

Please don’t take my pay away from me or my apartment. That’s all I have to live on. Please just help us all, we need your help. I’m not trying to be ugly; we just need your help. Thank for answering prays. I wish I was rich and then I wouldn’t have to depend on the government. Please just sit and think about what said. Thank you for reading this letter.

Debbie
Age 42
Trafford, AL

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

1 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

  • At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smoke a joint that will help with your pain. More than $600 a month total lady you are rich compaired to a lot of people in this world, 50% of the Earths population dosen't make that much in a year. God bless you, your church and comunity should be helping you more not the government their job is to protect us not feed and house us. That whats wrong with this country no one looks out for eachother anymore. Everyone is as scared as you of eachother. By the way I have two kids and a wife and if my rent was payed I could live very well of what you get our budget for food is $100 a week to feed 4 people, two dogs and a cat. try turning your cable off that cost you at the least $60 a month I'm sure and if you don't work you don't need a car do you? I'm sorry but I think you got it good compaired to the rest of the world.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares