Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

August 18, 2004

A presidential prayer

Dear George:

I cannot begin to express how thankful I am that you are our President in times such as these.

I truly appreciate the stand you take for your beliefs, for family, and for morality in this world of today. Thank you for your boldness.

I know that many today focus upon their finances when it comes to choosing who they will elect for our future president. But, I feel that these things will always fall into place and work out for those who will just follow and obey God's principles and laws. Does He not say that “If we will seek Him FIRST, that all these other things will be ADDED unto us???” From your views on abortion, gay-marriages, and things that God is specifically against, I can see that you are one who believes in obeying Him and what He says. That's why I feel that the United States has been blessed and been kept thus far under your leadership.

I believe that you would agree that without seeking God for direction in the leading of this nation, we could not and will not be blessed and watched over by our Heavenly Father. We need Him and we need to seek Him in every part of our daily lives. We truly need to be “One Nation, UNDER GOD”, and that should never change.

I have in the past shared this poem I have written in honor of you, but I am not sure as to whether or not you have actually received it. With all that our nation has faced since you have taken office, I could not possibly imagine anyone else handling it in the successful manner that you have thus far. I pray that you will have the opportunity to serve 4 more years to lead the United States forward. Here is the poem I have written in your honor:

A PRESIDENTIAL PRAYER

Lord, we thank you for the man you have given, To lead this great nation of ours, We are thankful that he seeks for Your wisdom, Your strength, Your guidance, and Your power.

We know that there are many of burdens,
That is placed on his shoulders to bear, We pray that You’ll always uphold him, And keep him in Thy loving care.

May he follow in the footsteps of Your will, Remain committed in fulfilling Your plan, When others will rise to oppose him, In Your grace and Your might may he stand.

Protect him from the devices of the enemy, Fill him with assurance and not fear, For with You on our side we are conquerors, Your presence will always be near.

Now Lord, we just pray for your blessing, On our President and those that he leads, May our nation move on into victory, For through You we KNOW we’ll succeed.


I Timothy 2:1,2: I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

May God Bless and keep you and your family, President Bush. I'm looking forward to casting my vote for you in November.

Sincerely,

Linda
Age 35
Wilkes Barre, PA

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares