Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

August 19, 2004

I want to go over there

Dear George:

My name is Edward, and I'm a true Republican ever since I can remember. I am 36 years old and I want to volunteer for the ground forces in Iraq. I was given a code RE-4 when I was in boot camp, I tore a muscle in my back. It has since healed up but that code RE-4 said I couldn't go back into the military ever. I think that is so wrong in so many ways. I was in the navy but I want to go where the action is. I know you have the pull and the power to over turn that code. Please Mr. President, I want to go over there to fight for our freedom. Age shouldn't have anything to do with a man or woman who is wanting to sever his or her country. I am willing to put my life on the line for you and this great country of ours. The reason I want you to over turn that code is so I can go over there to let our boys who have been there close to two years. I'll take the place of one of our troops. And I also know you are needing more troops for Iraq. Mr. President when you over turn my code RE-4 you can call me anytime day or night. You can reach me on my phone at ******. I want to service under a great President and a great American. Well that’s my letter. Give it to your legal people and please have my code RE-4 reversed. When you reverse it, I can be on the next plane to the nearest military base for training. Thanks for your time to listen. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

Edward
Age 36
Newton, N.C.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares