Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

July 31, 2004

I am only 14 years old

Dear Mr. George:

Being that I am only 14 years old, I cannot vote in this election but I cannot wait until the year 2008 when I can help reelect Sen. John Kerry.

This country needs a leader who is brave enough to state in his acceptance speech he will raise taxes for the richest 1% of Americans (unlike you), for the betterment of the nation.

I want a commander a chief who does not hide behind the Christian Flag and preach that he is on God's side when he has fed the American people lie after lie. Including the one that huts me most, the “mission accomplished” lie because my father is still in Iraq fighting for the mission you accomplished!

Mr. Bush, I think that the country needs a man for president who is not afraid of the future. I want a president that will support vital stem cell research that will someday cure the devastating effects of Alzheimer’s and other diseases. I pray no more families suffer like mine, watching a loved one forget the ones they love, as my late grandmother did.

It pains me to think if reelected you will be the president that I am sent to college under when you so obviously do not care for the young people of this great nation. You proclaim, “No child left behind” while you cut funding for after school programs that were putting so many youths ahead.

It is a shame that you can fool some adults with your lies and belief parading! I see through you and so do many others who unlike me have the power to vote you out of office and put Sen. John Kerry in.

Mary
Age 14
Grafton, WV

P.S.- I am very proud to say both my parents are voting Kerry, Edwards.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares