Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

July 16, 2004

You are too good for that

Dear George:

Let me begin by noting that generally I am a conservative and tend to vote that way. Although as a true conservative I cannot blindly vote republican if it does not support true conservative values.

Recently I received a phone call from some branch of your office inviting me to attend some sort of meeting in Washington where at I could exert some sort of influence on policy making as a small business owner. The gentleman speaking to me on the phone waxed on about several issues including what strategy and or tack was the best to take in the up coming campaign. I suggested taking the high road and keeping it clean. He agreed. He then went on to say that it was of the utmost importance to you and your administration to pass an amendment that would limit marriage to hetero couples denying gays the same rights.

At that point I ask him to hold on and explained to him that he was speaking to a gay man in a monogamous relationship for the past eight years and that on that issue he had lost me. He then thanked me for my time and hung up, leaving me with the impression that there was no room for debate and that my vote was not important.

Wrong! My vote is important! And so is every other freedom loving Gay American. I urge you to rethink this ill begotten plan for your sake and the sake of our wonderful freedom loving country. It is never too late to stand up for what is right and decent. Do not allow yourself to bend to the hateful religious right, leave that kind of behavior to the terrorists. You are too good for that.

Sincerely,

Walter
Age 52
Maui, Hawaii

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares