Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

July 13, 2004

I loved working on the 99th floor

Dear Mr. President-

Your term in the Oval office has been life changing for me. From the time I saw you on the Letterman Show, when Dave asked you about the mic being open when you said “That guy's an asshole”(not direct quote) about some member of the press. You didn't dodge the question. You looked him in the eye and said, “Yes, I said it, should it have been on an open mic, probably not, but I said and I meant it. This guy said something negative about one of my friends. In that small moment, I saw a man I could relate to by the simple fact you said what you meant and you stuck by it. Loyalty- a much needed quality for a man running for President.

Then on September 11, as I watched with every other American the Trade Center go down, Pentagon be torn open and a plane full of Heroes go down in a field in PA, you were my rock. You have no idea, how much I needed you that day and the many many days that followed. Your words, strength, determination and courage came through loud and clear. Oh how I needed that. You were the only one that could reach me. The days when you would say, you must go on about your daily lives. I did it because you had said it. I worked in the Trade Center several years ago, it was the greatest place in the World to work. I love New York City and I loved working on the 99th Floor of Tower 2. To see those towers go down on September 11, took a friend away from me. I grieved for a lost place and for the many many broken hearts all around the world. I couldn't think of a single reason to go on. What are we here for? I asked over and over. You were the one, you told me why- because we're Americans and these cowards can't stop us.

Without you knowing it, you were my life line. I believed you were counting on me and I had to pull myself together because you had asked me to rise to the occasion. I am so proud of you and your team. I am thankful I can be proud of our President and his staff. The last administration had tarnished the Oval Office and our country- I turned away. It pained me so to be disgusted with a person that held the greatest most honorable office. Thank you for being there when I really needed you even when you didn't know it. You did save my life. You are a great man and an even greater leader. You will always have my support and my loyalty.
with warm regards-

Sharon
Age 43
Richmond, VA

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares