Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

July 13, 2004

I was on the 25th floor

Dear George:

I would just like to thank you for all the pain you have caused since Sept 11, 2001. On the morning of Sept 11, I was on the 25th floor of 1WTC when American Airlines flight 11 hit our building and we saw the debris and burning bodies fall from above us. We had to wait till we could get out of the building so we watched in horror as the united flight hit tower 2. I am glad that at that moment, you still could not get away from reading to those kids while many of my coworkers were being killed. Then after you come to my city and say you were going to get the people who did this ,instead of sending 130 thousand troops to Afghanistan to get Bin Laden, you decided this was a good chance to get Saddam in the name of terror. You spoke the name Al Qaeda and Iraq in the same sentence and shoved it down the American peoples throat. Then you and Dick Cheney lie about WMDs in Iraq and how we were in danger. I have no problem with defending ourselves against all enemies but you forgot just one small detail. Iraq was not our enemy, at least not one we needed to worry about. But Bin Laden ,well your actions in Iraq just helped him recruit about a million more to help his cause. Now I may be wrong, but I always thought that if a country has free elections, whomever they elect should be their leader, that is what democracy is all about, but I read that if Iraq elects some Muslim extremist “we won't allow that to happen” was the quote I read. Well, I guess if you can steal an election in America, fixing one in Iraq should be a piece of cake. Well I have to go now just wanted to let you know not all of us are as stupid as you believe we are and come this November, you will follow in your fathers footsteps of being a 1 term president.
I hope you sleep well at night while our soldiers are dying for a people who won't even fight for themselves. Perhaps if you fought in a war instead of whatever it was you did during you “military service” maybe there would be about 800 less American boys dead for some maniacs political gain. Are another 4 years worth a 20 year old boys life. If you had a son instead of daughters I doubt you would be sending HIM to Iraq to fight for your cause. At least be a man and admit that.


John
Age 46
Jersey City, NJ

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares