Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

April 11, 2005

Republican no matter what

Dear George:

I live in rural Mississippi, I voted for you I always vote Republican no matter what. But with the gas prices getting so high I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. I worked on drilling rigs all my life, up until my accident now I'm on total disability and believe me after making the money I did it has something to be desired. I keep telling the doctors I want to go back to work, they will only let me do light duty because of the severity of my neck after the accident. I was a Marine so I'm not used to being told I can't do something. I never had a light duty job in my life. My Wife can't find a job so she is doing demo's at Wal-Mart but that is 35 miles away in either direction and with the way gas prices are that is really no help. I believed in you when every one else was running you down. but the way it looks you don't care about the every day American people, to me all you seem to care about is over seas. I care about what is going on over there to but not as much as I do what is happening in this country I'm an American and I was an oil man to so I no these gas prices should not be this high. My wife has too much education to be doing demos but that is all she can find, I really think they are discriminating against her but that is just me. if you can find it in your heart to do something fix this gas problem. The tax cuts don't count if you're putting them in your gas tank.

Daniel
Age 48
Roxie, Mississippi

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares