Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

March 23, 2005

Why don't you protect her?

Mr. President and Mr. Vice President,

I stood in the face of my liberal fellow statesman and fought for you. I alienated friends and family and fought for you. I might not agree with all things you stand for, but at least I thought you took seriously the duty of protecting the American People.

Now I question my decision.

Terri Shiavo is an AMERICAN. Why don't you protect her? You allow crazy judges to stick their middle finger up at you and go on their own Hitler-like “only let the perfect bodied live” path... taking the life of a much-loved woman with them. Why do you allow her husband to go on his rampage? Why do you ignore the pleas of her family? Why do you allow this so-called husband to abuse his wife like this? You come to the aid of an abandoned dog more than you do this woman. You claim to be in the fight against terror--what about the terror this family and Ms. Schiavo herself are going through?

I have been diagnosed with MCTD as well as extensive heart problems. Should I be afraid that my government will “put me to sleep” as it is murdering Ms. Schiavo? A painless death isn't even good enough for her (but it's good enough for those sentenced to the death penalty)--you support her being starved to death. You say you fight for the rights of humans. But you ignore this. I am so deeply disappointed in my Republican Party. If this party wants to keep me and those like me, it should fight for what they say they hold so dear--life. If they continue to stand with blinders and gags on, I will abandon this party as it has me, and I will apologize to those I alienated in my fight for you. The Republican Party has pretended to be something it's NOT, and that's worse than the most liberal Democrat who at least is honest about his agenda.

Feeling Ms. Schiavo's pain all the way in California,

Kristin
Age 37
Tehachapi, CA

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares