Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

February 03, 2005

State of the Union - Benjamin Franklin

Dear George:

Benjamin Franklin once said "There was never a good war, or a bad peace." I believe this quote completely sums up your administration in one sentence. As I listen to your state of the union address I can't help but wonder if you see the error of your ways. Some people say just because I'm 15, I am not capable of understanding everything that's going on, but in truth I think that my eyes might be more open than most adults.

Having grown up in a Catholic Democratic household, I was taught at a young age that to live and be happy we must first accept all as brothers and sisters. This includes white, black, gay, straight, whatever the situation might be. I was puzzled as a little girl, because I saw how some children treated others. And then I learned why.

We can't expect children to act civilized if we ourselves are not capable of it. So Mr. Bush, although I can't do anything about you being reelected, I want to thank you, mainly for encouraging me to vote at the next presidential election. The last thing we want is someone like you ending up in office again.

Sincerely,

Anna
Age 15
Houston, Texas

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares