Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

September 07, 2004

May God forgive you

Dear George:

I love the United States of America. I wish you did.

I am committed to government “of the people, by the people, for the people.” I wish you were.

I respect the office of “President of the United States.” I wish you had done so enough to let the votes of the people in Florida be fully and fairly recounted. If you had, you probably wouldn't be living in the White House, but I certainly would have felt more respect for you than I do now.

But I have a commitment which is even more important to me than my commitment to the ideals expressed in the Constitution of the United States of America and that is my commitment to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, the only “begotten” son of the one true and living God. (He is now, always has been and always will be the one whom He is now, always has been and always will be regardless of what anyone calls Him or says about Him.) And He is real. It's too bad you don't know Him. But He knows you. And one day He will call you to account for your blasphemy. Indeed, I think He may already be doing it.

I'll give you a little clue, George. Nobody who really knows Jesus could ever possibly commit murder in His name. Oh, yes, I know, through the centuries many people have committed all kinds of atrocities in His name. But all of them, without exception, were people who didn't know Him...they only knew His name and His sign...beginning with Constantine.

You claim to have sent our young men and women into harm's way to bring “Democracy” to the people of Afghanistan and the people of Iraq. But that's a lie. Democracy arises from the people; it cannot be imposed upon them. You have to know that. What you have brought is DEATH...to tens of thousands and MISERY... to hundreds of thousands, if not millions...Afghans, Iraqis, members of the “coalition of the willing,” and Americans... civilians just trying to survive, and military men and women, simply trying to do their duty to their country. May God forgive you! But before He forgives you, may He first put an end to your reign of terror.

And please remember, a corrupt politician can easily be forgiven. There are so many of them. But there is a special place in Hell reserved for corrupt prophets and false priests. Remember that, every time you are tempted to turn to prayer as an “opiate for the [wounded] masses.” You may be able to fool most of the people most of the time, but the God whose name you so frequently and so cavalierly take in vain is not fooled.

Rev. Patricia
Age 63
Bronx, New York

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares