Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

August 31, 2004

I haven't quite decided where to put my vote

Dear Mr. President:

First: I would address you with the respect your office deserves (Even at his most lasciviously ridiculous, the previous incumbent was generally addressed in a fairly respectful manner - A President who has conducted himself with obvious self respect should be accorded, at least the same.)

Second: As a registered independent voter, I tend to watch both sides with close and guarded attention. While I can't say I agree with you on many issues, at least you are pretty clear in your statements. I find it difficult to pin down, in my mind, just what your opponents' plans are - “take back the country” is a nice phrase, but what does it mean exactly??

Third: After fifty-seven years of living and observing, I have reached the conclusion that the most basic difference between the two dominant parties is
- Democrats feel that anything that originates with the Republican party is probably linked to the devil and will take something away from them that feel they deserve.
- Republicans question everyone and everything, including themselves.

Oversimplifying?? - yup.
Broad generalization?? - you bet. Still, it works for me.

Fourth: I haven't quite decided where to put my vote, but I think I'm leaning your way. You haven't solved all the problems of the world yet, but I am coming to believe in your genuine attempt to do your best for your country. Your worthy opponent is a charismatic man and he makes nice speeches, but, so far I haven't seen any real signs of a plan - A charismatic leader without a compass is a scary thing!

So good luck Mr. Bush, I begin to think you have my vote.

Joann
Age 57
Campton, NH

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares