Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

November 17, 2005

Mother of a Sex Offender

Dear George:

I am a mother of a sex offender, at least that is what they are calling it. My son did not rape, abuse, or force anyone. He had sex with a minor, who also wanted sex with him. I am not an educated female, but I do know the difference between forcing someone and consenting.

I DO Not Condone what my son did, it was wrong and he should be punished. My problem is this: he was sentenced to 30 yrs. to a violent prison. On his court papers it says it was a non-violent crime. So why is he in a violent prison? No one will give me the time of day. Also he has to register as a SO.

I know there are men and women who are out there that abuse children sexually, I agree they need to be punished, but not all sexual abusers as they are called ABUSE. Can’t you try and change the laws for unforced sex. Not all of them need to be put away for 30 yrs. and then have to register for the rest of their lives. My God, murderers get off less time than that.

You probably won’t even read this, but if you do, please help my son. All I want is for him to get out of where he is to a non-violent place, I would be satisfied with that. Also if they could reduce his sentence to 10 yrs.

I have been watching the papers, listening to the radio, and the news on TV, no one is being sentenced like my son has.

I would like to be alive when my son gets out.

Thank you for your time,

Dianne
Age 57
Columbia, SC

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares