Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

February 03, 2005

State of the Union - Journalism student

Dear George:

Mr President, I am a Journalism student in college right now. It was the first time, last night, I have ever watched a State of the Union address. I just want to let you know, that I respect you more now as a person, and our countries President, as I ever thought possible. Your stance on abortion being legalized is perfect! I don't know why anyone would want to kill as a way for birth control... I also love what you said about respect for women and the down-trodden in our community.

On a side note, I am 23 years old, was in a life threatening accident, comatose for 6 months, and am currently receiving social security. I love your plan for the future. My father was upset that I'd be getting disability, not knowing if there would be social security for his retirement, but you seem to have a good handle on everything in this country.

I thank God everyday that you are helping to protect our Americans and continue to... Have a very blessed day.

Melissa
Age 23
Livonia, Michigan

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares