Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

November 03, 2004

United

Dear George:

I am a Democrat, a woman, wife and mother of two small children. I have not agreed with the way you have run this country in the past three years, but I do have faith. Faith that you will look within yourself to make this country what I know it can be...UNITED.

This country was founded on a very basic ideal, we are all the same in the eyes of God, and no man should ever feel more righteous. We all have so much healing and growing to do together, I wish that we could bottle the feelings of togetherness and unity and heartfelt compassion we all had for one another regardless of race after September 11th. I want my children to have the chance to grow up in a world that can find some common ground, a more peaceful and loving world, and I believe in my heart of hearts that this is possible.

I know how hard it must be to be in a position like yours, to have people question your motives and values, and how hard it is to admit when you have made mistakes. I think you have made mistakes, but I don't think it is too late for you to bring this country back together. We can all be stubborn, we can choose to not meet each other half way, but where would that leave us? we would be no better than the countries we try to be role models for.

We are a country filled with intelligent, caring, diverse and colorful people who want to be accepted and safe. We should forget about the titles and finger pointing at this point, forget about who's a Democrat and Republican and find a way to make all people of this great country to feel like patriots. My hopes and dreams for my family and all the families of this nation lie in your hands, and all I can do is pray for you to do the right thing and make the right choices that will benefit this country not certain individuals.

I'll end this letter with a final thought..."Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" please take this to heart and let it guide you. Thank you Mr. President for your time and may God bless and watch over you and your family.

Joelle
Age 29
Old Saybrook, CT

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares