Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

October 12, 2004

Sacrifice

Dear President Bush,

Thank you so much for giving my family and I good reason for hope and pride in our country! I am a moderately young mother and wife and I work for the State of Oregon. I raised three sons who are young adults and I'm proud to say our whole extended family will be voting for you!!

Last night I watched your debate in it's entirety. I am so very proud of your courage and unwavering character! Thankfully, our boys were taught to think things through to logical conclusions. They also believe that one's character is extremely important, as this dictates world view, and therefore one's actions. Thank you, thank you, for being the strong, unwavering leader that you are! You are a president with whom they can logically, reasonably agree, take pride in, and know that you will not change or waver.

I know that sacrifice is a part of being president. Any citizen of a free country should also be willing to give in any way possible for the cause of freedom. At this time in our history if we are selfish or afraid, it will surely come back to bite us. However, I have great hope that you, Mr. President, are strong enough for us all! As a mother, I thank you for giving so that we can all sleep more peacefully.
I will continue to pray that God will give you strength and wisdom as you strive to protect our country and stand for freedom here and abroad. May He be gracious to us as a country by allowing you to continue on as our GREAT president!

Thank you (and your lovely wife) for your courage and sacrifice! Long may you hold America's highest office!!

Sincerely,

Ethel
Age 51
Stayton, OR

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares