Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

July 26, 2004

America's King David

Dear George:

Mr. President, you have impressed me beyond measure. Your consistency in conservative thought and philosophy as well as your candor and “devil may care” attitude have inspired me many times. Your verbal skills are what this nation needs. Who cares if it may come across as brash and blunt. That is what this nation needs! I've had enough of the tactful, well-thought out political correctness of the previous administration and the liberals. What is right is right and that message needs to be delivered from someone who is not ashamed to ruffle feathers. In the words of Alexander de Tocqueville, “America will cease to be great when America ceases to be good.”

As the son of an “old school” democrat who sincerely believes in the good of this nation, I have struggled with where to stand on the issues that seem to divide this country. My father was and is my hero. He worked hard and gave his all for his family, his church and Mississippi Power and Light. He was extremely pro-union. He was president of a local union for electrical workers because he believed in fair pay and higher standards of safety for those in his line of work. I love him dearly but we differ politically. I believe that he recognizes that the Democratic party is not what it used to be, but he is loyal. He is my hero...and so are you.

Just like my dad, you believe in those things that are better for the whole of America, even when the majority of Americans can't see it. The Bible says, “Without a vision the people perish.” You have a vision for America that is rooted in faith and conservative thought. You have tried not to let us get mired down in the petty issues. You have tried not to become distracted from the vision and leadership of our forefathers. You still see the “Big Picture” even when most of America only sees the here and now. Thank you for providing hope and positive influence in this day and age.

I grew up during the Reagan era which had such a profound influence on my outlook on life, that I second it only to my “coming of faith” experience with Jesus Christ. Romans 13 reminds me that God appoints our government leaders. I struggled with that during Clinton's administration but I realized that even God gave the Israelites what they wanted in a king and it was a disaster. His name was King Saul. But God knew what Israel needed. They needed King David. You are America's King David, Mr. President.

Stay true to your core beliefs and most of all, stay true to the One who saved you. God will always bless those who bless Him. Thank you for being a leader that I can tell my children to about. You are one of this nations greatest American presidents. I will continue to pray for you and support you.

John,
Age 37
Cleveland, MS

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares