Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

December 13, 2005

Homeless from Katrina

Dear George:

My family has been left homeless from Katrina. We moved from New Orleans to Georgia. I desperately want to be close to my family that is all split-up right now. FEMA is calling me ineligible for housing assistance because I had “some” insurance. I had very little. My family needs housing assistance. We received it for 3 months and now that I have signed a lease, FEMA is denying me assistance.

We will never be able to get back “home” without any more assistance to carry us over until things in New Orleans improve, including the levees. Please help us or tell me what to do?

Anthony
Age 62
New Orleans, LA

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

1 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is what you should do... be thankfull you arent dead! my mother and sister and her kids are going thoroug this. Bush is NOT going to help you. you may as well give up. Count your blessings and dont count on this country to help because they wont

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares