Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

October 17, 2005

Homeless for seven years

Dear George:

My name is DeLorez, I've been homeless for more than seven years. I have three (3) children , I work and live in my car. I've tried the so-called shelters. We've been abused, personal property stolen, contracted scabies etc. The VA will not help me?

I've tried every organization out there. They pass along, don't help her, she will report, the wrongful things ie; children smoking at the LA Family housing shelter, Adults, drinking beer and smoking marijuana, at the Voyager Inn hotel.

No one will rent to me because I have too many children? I can't continue to live like this. I got on Cal-works, thinking it would help. I was informed there is no more emergency section-8.

My first grader is not in school, because a male, teacher's aide, pulled her arm, shoved her head on the desk and pulled her hair, all under the watchful eye of her teacher?

I wanted the aide, arrested, nothing was done, with the exception, I was banned from the school?

DeLorez
Los Angeles

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares