Daily Letters

A selection of letters received.

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

October 05, 2005

We won’t sit back and cower

Dear George:

I just wanted to tell you that I think you are doing just fine where this country is concerned. I have full faith in your decisions. I do wish that help could have been gotten to New Orleans faster, but I am not there to survey the damages and know what must be done.

I also want you to know that the decision to send our boys off to war was a hard one. But I love my freedom and I don’t want to worry that what happened in New York will happen again. Hopefully this will send a message that if you mess with the U.S. we won’t sit back and cower. I have a son who could be fighting there; I too, could possibly lose a son. I have had several family members already in Iraq. My father, and two uncles fought in the Second World War and another uncle was stationed in Germany during the cold war. I am a very proud American and very proud of my family and countrymen.

If possible please send a picture of you and your father. This is only the second time in History that I know of this happening and I would like to have a memento.

Diana
Age 55
Kemmerer, Wyoming

WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE

0 Comments:

Please do not use comments for personal attacks. One of the goals of this project is to allow these open letters to foster civil (and civic) debate, so please keep personal attacks to yourselves, even if you disagree with the letter/comments here. Better yet, write a letter yourself.

Post a Comment

<< Home


WRITE YOUR LETTER - CLICK HERE
 



Listed on BlogShares